Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Angry Alice...


Apparently my Shark/Whale fixation is getting out of hand. A little girl came into the bookshop and asked for "the whale girl" last week. Turns out I recommended "The Morning I Met A Whale" for her and "The Snail and The Whale" for her little brother the week before.

Whale Girl. Sheesh, not very flattering is it?

And it doesn't stop there. Everyone is in on it! People know about my strange obsession! Mind you, it may have something to do with the fact that I do little else with my time but write and research (both fairly whale heavy) and wear a silver hammerhead around my neck.

My very talented friend Angry Alice sent the above photos of books she found in Savers this week and (I'm ashamed to say) I coveted them! So, thank you Alice, you always find the best PD.

Check out her awesome work. She's Warhol meets Virginia Woolf with a dash of Lebowitz and a smidgen of Hello Kitty! http://www.flickr.com/photos/li-kimchuah/

No comments:

Post a Comment