Thursday, April 15, 2010

Shemily and Shason

As I have said before, I work in the best bookshop in the world. It’s an amazing store with remarkably intelligent, well read human beings who daily make me laugh and question things. However it appears that my co-workers have been reading my blog (mostly because I told them to) and discussing its contents on spacebook. Well I told them that I would blog their conversation. I mean whoopty-do, I could almost hear them shout from across the city. Like as if my blog gets more hits then facebook.

I have had very little human contact over the past few days so bear with me...

It all started when I happened across a plan to get me the Moby Dick shirt for my birthday. (Oh, um, I had better change their names. Let's call them Shemily and Shason)

Shemily - It is a well known fact that a young woman in possession of a literary mind is in want of a fine t-shirt to express her opinion. PS. you do realise your fear of first lines has given me infinite ammunition with which to torment...?

Shason - A fear of first lines... hmmm... unusual, but I can deal with that. Just don't tell me you're one of those people that reads the end of a book first! Argh!

Shemily - Well technically I think it's more her fear of writing her own first lines. It's not like having a fear of feet or something.

Shason- Okay, fair enough. I really love first lines in that sense, although I do try and spend a little time on them and pack them full of meaning. I find it's the stuff between the beginning and the end that I have most trouble with. So maybe I have a bit of a fear of middles?!


God, Shason has a point... bloody middles. Excuse me, I have to go and work on my middle.

(In all seriousness... Love you Shason and Shemily)

1 comment:

  1. Shemily: “Happy bloggers are all alike; every unhappy blogger is unhappy in its own way.”

    ReplyDelete