Sunday, May 23, 2010

Holding My Ishmael

Okay, my Mum and brother have just called me to give me their feedback on my blog entries.

Now, I know I'm a fiction writer but I swear on Poseidon that I am not making this up! This conversation is verbatim. (See today's previous few blogs to have any idea what I'm rambling about)

"Possum?"

"Yes Mum."

"I just read your blog."

"Oh yeah?"

"It's very good."

"Did you read it to Charlie?"

"Not yet. He lent over my shoulder though and said, that boy looks like me. He's such a dill."

"Did you see the photo of me holding Moby-Dick?"

"Holding what?' (Sounds both shocked and incredulous)

"Moby-Dick!"

"Holding what? I don't know what you're saying?"

"Herman Melville's MOBY-DICK!"

"What are you holding?"

(From somewhere in the background my brother says) "She's holding her Ishmael."

"Ah ha ha ha! Did you hear that? Your brother said you're holding your Ishmael." (followed by more hysterical laughing)

(Massive sigh) "Mum if you scroll down, you'll see a photo of me holding a copy of Moby Dick."

"Holding ya what? Ah ha ha ha! It must be because I'm sixty. I'm losing my hearing."

No comments:

Post a Comment